The Great Gatsby is a heart-racing immersive adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald’s seminal jazz-age tale. The show takes place in a custom built set, installed in a secret location in London Bridge. The show first opened in London as part of VAULT Festival in 2017, before moving to its new home in June 2017, where it has been running every since.
The show runs Wed-Sun each week, although hours will be required outside of show times. Total hours will be 46 hours per week.
Pay is at a company rate of £530pw plus holiday.
Contract period runs from 1st August until 21st October 2018.
Previous experience as an ASM and FOH Manager. First Aid Trained.
Keen interest in pursuing a career in theatre.
Some working knowledge of immersive theatre.
The role will include:
- Managing the nightly box office list from the Ticketing Manager, including guests and groups, and welcoming all audience in to the building.
- Management of all aspects of front of house – including prepping all audience facing areas, both in and out of world.
- Liaising with offices and other tenants regarding the use of any shared space within the venue. - - Being the primary first aider on site and maintaining first aid kits.
- Management and scheduling of security staff, including feedback on performance, booking extra security when needed and briefing them upon arrival.
- Floor management throughout the show, including audience movement and communicating with Security and the management of latecomers.
- Management of charity money.
- Being on radio for the entirety of a performance and dressed appropriately and visible on the floor.
- Cover the Stage Manager when they are on holiday, including the operating and running of the show.
- Helping the Stage Manager source items needed for the production (this will involve travelling within Zones 1&2)
- Contributing to the professional aesthetic of an Immersive theatre set including cleaning, polishing, and maintaining the general upkeep and cleanliness of the venue.
- Collecting, delivering or picking up costume/props on a weekly basis.
- Assisting the Stage Manager in the upkeep of costume including sewing, measuring, doing minor alterations, researching and sourcing (as instructed/needed by the Stage Manager)
- Assisting the Stage Manager in fixing/building/problem solving practical issues around the set. Supporting the Bar Manager with stock deliveries
- Attending rehearsals where necessary.
- Attend fortnightly Management meeting with the General Manager.
Email Katy@Hartshornhook.com with a cover letter and CV by Monday 9th July 2018